Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

03 August 2011

New Zealand Odyssey: Rural Barn, Leithfield, North Canterbury

'New Zealand Odyssey', published in 1989 by Heinemann, was authored by me, Don Donovan (who did the text and illustrations) and Euan Sarginson, who did the photography and design. In this series of blog posts, I will publish some of my drawings.



This is so typically rural New Zealand that it might pass unnoticed. It's a barn/garage/shed or what you will at Leithfield, North Canterbury. It looked to me, in 1987, as if it hadn't been opened for many years, its timbers warped and the grass grown long. It reminded me of an old, forgotten garage in Governors Bay in which I glimpsed, through a crack, a Model T Ford. Who knows what might lie concealed within this country barn?

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan