Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

24 August 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 4. Early Settlers' Church, Wainui



This Presbyterian Wainui Early Settlers' Church was built in 1862 on land given by the Crown to the famous surveyor Charles Heaphy V.C. It's a twenty minute journey from my home in Albany and was among the first subjects for my book on churches. I remember sitting on springy turf among rabbit currants to do this drawing with a warm sun on my back.

The final drawing for the book was a full front elevation that, even after some years, somebody asked to use as an illustration for a funeral programme. Naturally I said yes.

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan