Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

20 August 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks: 1. The Bull & Butcher, Turville



I found this pub in Turville, a village in the Thames Valley, and decided to sketch it on the spot. It didn't take too long but my knees soon felt stiff all the same; we artists suffer so.

That was quite a long time ago and since then I've seen it on many occasions on screen and read about it in books and magazines. I guess that, for the same reason I drew it (it looks good) it has been used in many TV programmes (Midsomer Murders for example) and, no doubt, commercials.

I also read somewhere that it was Sir John (Rumpole) Mortimer's local. It's a fashionable area to live in and there are probably all sorts of upwardly mobiles hereabouts who like to mingle on a Sunday with celebs, literati and glitterati.

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan