Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

10 March 2012

Mending Fences

Since I finished publishing my log book of our trip from England to New Zealand in 1960 I have been busy repairing a lot of my blog posts. I discovered that many of them had had their illustrations removed - I don't know why but it's very irritating when one considers how much work had gone into writing and imaging well over 600 posts over the last few years.

It points up to me the impermanence of the computer and of the so-called services that are offered by faceless people like Google. (Although I now read books on my iPad2 I still have more faith in my old paper-and-cardboard books!).

I have pretty well completed my restorations and hope that they will not be tinkered with by goblins or gremlins in future.

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co,nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan