Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

27 September 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 39. Bar, Tiglio Alto, Tuscany



It looked like an ordinary casa but as I parked the Peugeot opposite I noticed 'Bar' over the door of the cantina. I can't imagine that they'd do a roaring trade - no bingo nights or quizzes - but I daresay that there are a few random callers, either lost or curious to see this remote Apennine hamlet, to sustain a store of local reds and whites just in case.

I didn't go in. I just sat, limning,  in the passenger's seat for a short time and then went on my way up the serpentine roads through the chestnut forests.

 © DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz    www.don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan