Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

09 July 2011

New Zealand Odyssey: The Door of the Old Uruwhenua Schoolhouse

'New Zealand Odyssey', published in 1989 by Heinemann, was authored by me, Don Donovan (who did the text and illustrations) and Euan Sarginson, who did the photography and design. In this series of blog posts, I will publish some of my drawings.


When working on illustrations for 'New Zealand Odyssey' I was always delighted when the opportunity came to play with textures. The old Uruwhenua school house was nothing much to look at but its door was a fine mix of flaking colour and stressed dilapidation. How long before I did this drawing the school closed I don't know but I'll bet a large number of cats, rats and possums used that convenient hole on many later occasions.

I gave the original drawing to a friend in Sydney.

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan