Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

12 August 2011

New Zealand Odyssey: Christchurch Boys' High School

'New Zealand Odyssey', published in 1989 by Heinemann, was authored by me, Don Donovan (who did the text and illustrations) and Euan Sarginson, who did the photography and design. In this series of blog posts, I will publish some of my drawings.


I cannot for the life of me remember what this building at Christchurch Boys' High School was for. It might have been an old gymnasium. I was intrigued by it because despite it being a gloomy looking thing, somebody went to the trouble of designing it - even to the curlicued lightning conductor on the pyramidal roof. It must have resonated with some old boys because one of them bought the original off me for a decent sum!

It's all brick and such structures did not survive too well in the Canterbury earthquakes of 2010 and 2011. I wonder...

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan