Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

15 September 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 27. Door, Chiesetta No.2, Barga, Tuscany



Without moving from the lunch table on the terrace where we had enjoyed a light insalata and a chilled, local pinot grigio, I perched my sketchbook on my knee and drew the back door of  of the casa. Got carried away...

The house was built halfway through the 18th century but I don't know whether the door is that old and nobody knows who or what 'N.G' was. 

They don't make doors like this in New Zealand; I would have liked to have brought it home with me in my cabin luggage!

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz    www.don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan