Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

26 September 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 38. The Romanesque Church at Loppia, Tuscany








These drawings were made at different times and from different angles. The glebe and precinct were deserted except for a rather dishevelled looking mongrel apparently guarding the heavy, bolted door of what seemed to be more a dwelling than a church.

It's very old, 11th century, I believe, and makes a wonderful subject which explains why I went back again.

There's an ancient mule track bridge nearby where I and my companion played Poohsticks.

 © DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz    www.don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan