Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

10 October 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 52. The Old Gardner Homestead, Glorit, New Zealand



There's nothing I enjoy more than drawing old, colonial houses. This one, north of Auckland, on the road from Helensville to Wellsford is one of the best and the only one I know of with a double roof. I was particularly pleased with the way this piece turned out - it's a good sketch even if I say it myself.

Later, I did a large, very large, watercolour of it which hung in the old Auckland Club for a long time. It's now leaning against a wall in my studio.

© DON DONOVAN. donovan@ihug.co.nz 
www. don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan