Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

27 October 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 69. Oast House, Elllendale, Tasmania



Brewing must be a big business in Tasmania because there are oast houses (hop drying kilns) everywhere in the midlands. As I sat on a folding stool painting this one I wondered whether it might tumble down before I finished! This is dilapidation on a grand scale.

I have a feeling that this structure burned to the ground or fell to pieces in later years.

© DON DONOVAN. donovan@ihug.co.nz 
www. don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan