Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

05 October 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 47. Gatehouse, St.Albans, England



I wanted to visit Verulamium, the Roman remains at St. Albans but when I arrived, puffing, the pompous official on the entrance wouldn't let me in because it was fifteen minutes before closing time and I wouldn't have time to view them. 'But I've come twelve thousand miles.' I protested. 'Then you should have left earlier.' he replied, dispassionately.

Swearing copiously I backed off but not long after found myself outside this 14th century gatehouse, now part of St. Albans School. So I worked off my fury on the sketching pad, my mutterings fading with the remains of the day.

© DON DONOVAN. donovan@ihug.co.nz 
www. don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan