Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

29 October 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 71. School of Mines, Zeehan, Tasmania



I'm not sure what style of architecture you'd call this but I think it has an appropriately Dutch flavour because it's named after one of Abel Tasman's exploratory ships. They mined silver-lead ore here but the school of mines and metallurgy is now the town museum.

The people propping up the doorway kept looking across the road at me nervously; I can't think why. Perhaps they were wondering why a silly fellow would want to draw such a funny looking building. I think it's wonderful, they just don't build this architectural quality any more.

© DON DONOVAN. donovan@ihug.co.nz 
www. don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan