Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

25 October 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 67. Oast House, Valleyfield, Tasmania


It came as quite a surprise to find a building like this in this part of the world. Oast houses are associated in my mind with Kent and with an artist called Rowland Hilder whose forté was Kentish rural landscapes complete with oast houses, plough furrows and winter elm trees with flocks of rooks flying about them

I must say I enjoyed doing this open air sketch but the perspective of the circular brickwork extended me and I'm still not sure that I got it quite right.

© DON DONOVAN. donovan@ihug.co.nz 
www. don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan