Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

01 October 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 43. Casa Terremoto, Umbria




This house, a short way from where we stayed on a farm near San Gemini, had been brutalized by earthquake and abandoned. It begged to be painted and I climbed on to  nearby water tank to do the work. The colours, the cracks, the shapes!

As I worked an Alfa-Romeo saloon packed with old, black-clad folks came along and stopped. They all looked hard at me with unsmiling faces. I had the feeling that the house might once have been theirs and that by drawing it I was stealing its soul. Or perhaps it was crammed with cannabis - who knows?

© DON DONOVAN.     donovan@ihug.co.nz 
www. don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan