Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

26 October 2012

Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 68. Hop Drying Kiln, Bushy Park, New Norfolk, Tasmania



This was hop drying on a large, industrial scale and yet because function dictated the form of these buildings they had a rare grace and dignity. Although I sketched this en plein air I took a bit of extra time over it, the shapes are deceptively complicated and consequently the perspective is demanding.

The funny thing was that I saw nobody and I worked in complete silence as if in a dream.

© DON DONOVAN. donovan@ihug.co.nz 
www. don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan